Monday 23 April 2012

*UPDATE* MONDAY APRIL 23/12



                              A NOTE TO MY AUDIENCE:

 Over the past few months, many of you readers have been diligently following my column and it's many topics.  Whether those articles are political reviews or farcical musings, I just want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you.  I have received more viewers on this page than I expected by a long shot. 

 The month of May brings new challenges and opportunities to my life.  I accept them all, and am thrilled to undergo this new phase in my life.  For the past two years, I have committed to working 7 days a week at two jobs.  While I love aspects of both jobs, my term at the Chinook Bowladrome will not be renewed.  My term ends here at the end of April, and I wish to thank all the bowlers there for many fond memories.

  So where to from here?  I have all but forgotten what a social life is, and it will be weird to have some days off again.  I have started this column to rekindle my passion for writing, and it has done just that.
From my early days of writing simple poetry to the book I have had swirling through my mind for the past 10 years, it is safe to say that I belong in the world of words.

  Here is what to expect with the upcoming season: I still plan on writing in this column. Perhaps it will be more check-in based, or maybe I'll feel more apt to write in it frequently, but needless to say, Logan's Letter will still go strong.

  In the meantime, I will have a weekly time reserved for writing.  Apart from this letter, I have three current projects I am working on.
-The "Legacy" series-The book series I have been developing since I was Eleven.
-"Rewind" - A book to follow the Legacy series
-Freelance writing-I write for anyone who wishes to hire me.  Poetry, Formal Writing, Eulogies, Song Lyrics, Reviews, etc.  As with all previous clients, will gladly write for a low price.
*Please Note*  Essays for school purposes will most likely be refused, unless you are giving me a certain percentage of your paycheck when you become successful.


  During this period I will be strictly devoting myself to writing, and I strongly encourage anyone to reach out and not only touch, but actually join in on this adventure.  Certain characters in my stories are characters created through the imagination of others.  If you have an idea, it may be a piece I am looking for.  The mind can both produce wonderful ideas and keep them prisoner.  I will gladly and respectfully discuss any forward progress. Obviously you will be compensated accordingly, especially if the piece of writing takes off.  Also, in "Rewind" I will be touching on a few important pieces of my personal life, in which I will be asking permission from anyone directly involved. 

  Also, apart from the writing, since I now have more free time, I will gladly also free up time for friends, exercise, tennis, poker, street hockey and other wonderful things.  Definitely looking forward to being outside.


  I will leave you with the words to the song  "Maybe" by the Sick Puppies.  I feel this is the perfect song to get your life out of a rut and into the groove.  Hopefully this will get you "Unstuck" as it did for me.  Grab your dreams, people, before they get away.

Maybe I'm a dreamer
Maybe I'm misunderstood
Maybe you're not seeing the side of me you should
Maybe I'm crazy
(Maybe I'm crazy)
Maybe I'm the only one
(Maybe I'm the only one)
Maybe I'm just out of touch
Maybe I've just had enough

Maybe it's time to change
And leave it all behind
I've never been one to walk alone
I've always been scared to try
So why does it feel so wrong
To reach for something more
To wanna live a better life
What am I waiting for?
'Cause nothing stays the same
Maybe it's time to change

Maybe it's hopeless
(Maybe it's hopeless)
Maybe I should just give up
(Maybe I should just give up)
What if I can't trust myself?
What if I just need some help?

Maybe it's time to change
And leave it all behind
I've never been one to walk alone
I've always been scared to try
So why does it feel so wrong
To reach for something more
To wanna live a better life
What am I waiting for?
'Cause nothing stays the same
Maybe it's time to change

And maybe it's time to change
And leave it all behind
I've never been one to walk alone
I've always been scared to try

And maybe it's time to change
And leave it all behind
I've never been one to walk alone
I've always been scared to try
So why does it feel so wrong
To reach for something more
To wanna live a better life
What am I waiting for?
'Cause nothing stays the same
Maybe it's time to change
'Cause nothing stays the same
Maybe it's time to change

No comments:

Post a Comment