Sunday 6 January 2013

*UPDATE* JAN. 6/2013! First article of New Year.





  Happy New Year to all the readers of this column!  I truly hope this year brings you more laughter, friendship and love.  Before I get started, let me say this:




                                           HOCKEY IS BACK!


Now that we have addressed that situation, let us take a look at the things that we should definitely be leaving in 2012, and not bringing them with us as we travel into a new year.

-Gangnam style.  Let it go, people.
-Gary Bettman
-Heidi and Spencer
-Jay Onrait's Mustache
-Honey Boo Boo
-Brad Pitt's new movie "Killing them Softly".  Seriously, terrible.
-Mitt Romney
-Honey Badgers

  If anyone has any additions to the list, they are definitely welcome to send them to me!



  2012 was a year that began with life and ended with passing.  It brought challenges and change, and both joy and pain.  I could sit here and make resolutions, but that seems like a fool's errand.  Rather than go in circles promising change to myself like other years, this year is about self-acceptance.  Since we live on despite the Mayan predictions, I guess every day is a Bonus day.  This year, let us stop taking ourselves so seriously.


No comments:

Post a Comment